Thursday, November 23, 2006

Immature

It's been bugging me lately, how I appear to other people. I want to appear mature and with it but at the same time I want to have fun. Where is the balance between having fun and just being stupid? Also. about the same time I want to be able to grow in Christ and love and trust my creator. How is this done, if there isn't growth towards maturity? I don't know if it's just me, or if I am reading into things. But...see there's this project that I've been doing with a couple other ppl, two guys and one other girl. Tonight I was kinda screwing around after we were done working, and my friend, the other girl was sitting quietly in the corner talking to another one of our friends. I think back over that a couple hours later, and wonder, how do I appear to other people. I know we're not supposed to care what other people think, but it is really important to me. I don't really know why, but the way that I come across is something that really concerns me. It's probably because there is an image that you create of yourself everywhere you go right? And I know other people who I consider extremely immature, and don't want to be perceived as that, but am really scared that I am just the older version of them. How is this over come? And on that note, how do people become less selfish? Me, me me me me....that word is probably used more often in speech than any other word, but how is it overcome? I mean...what's the point of going off to college and doing things but not growing up. Blah, ramblings. It's soo frustrating!! God, I don't know where you are leading my life. But please, I want to have fun and follow after you. Help me to find that balance and become the woman that you want me to be! Amen
God Bless everyone,
goodnight

1 Comments:

Blogger Faye said...

Yay, I get to be the first one to add a comment to your post yet again! First, here is my psychology major perspective on the matter: On the one hand, humans are genetically programed to care about how they are percieved by other people- being liked is somewhat necessary for our survival and psychological well-being. It is important to know that you are not breaking major social norms, because this will make you an outcast. On the other hand, it is impossible to ever really guess how other people percieve you because this will vary depending on each person's own experiences, personality, and mood. Sooo, that said, I am going to leave you with the advice I was given when I went to see a bunch of scary intercessors about a similar issue a few years ago: READ JOHN 15. The oldest intercessor was named Olga. She asked me if I liked myself. I said no". She asked "why?". I said "because I'm not perfect". Then she explained to me that I was trying too hard to change on my own. When a grape or a raspberry is growing, it exerts no effort. It just grows as a natural consequence of being in sunlight, soil, and water. Likewise, you will grow and mature in all ways as a natural consequence of remaining in God's presence throughout your day. Much love to you, Kelly.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home