Saturday, July 29, 2006

My sister is engaged!!!!

WOOOOOHOOOO, finally, they actually did it instead of all this waiting around and doing nothing stuff. Oh my gosh she's got a pretty rock and everything! I was at camp this week and never even got a call! I heard it from my mom when I called home. Gosh Carm! Gosh is my knew favourite word by the way. It's pretty awesome. Anyways on to more news. I spent the last week at Gull Lake Baptist Camp, working with gr 5 and 6 kids. It was really fun. I was an adopt-a-cabin for cabin 8 with David and James. Those kids in that cabin were so funny and crazy. And awwww...I miss them a lot. I was lifeguarding this week and so that was a lot of fun. It gave me an opportunity to see the kids and kinda get the hang of how the camp is run before I jumped head first into cabin leading. I spent the week in the LTD cabin with a bunch of level 3 LTD girls so that was a blast. I had a lot of late nights with them. But yea, I'm going to try to make it to morning prayer this coming week, maybe then I won't be feeling so drained. I'm making some good friends to, everybody is friendly and loves to just joke around. It's also a good time to be by yourself and seek God, simply because you can disappear and be alone if you want to or be with friends if you want to. I love it! Tom is here too and probably cabin leading this week also so that will be interesting to see! He says he just might kill them all....poor Thomas. Rory though is going to drive me crazy I swear he is! Gosh what a bloody loveable butthead he is! For example, he got my number then went to Mitch and is like "I got her number" and they laughed and said "that's five girls this summer" Does that make me and all the other girls just bloody statistics or what? Anyways after camp I drove out to Kounty Aire campground b/c my family was quadding down there. I missed the whole quadding trip but got there in time to go to Pirates of the Caribbean:Dead man's chest. Awesome movie, although the ending is a little weird. Anyways I almost didn't make it to the movie b/c I headed about half an hour in the wrong direction first and had to turn around and burn it to the camp ground. Made the half hour trip in about 15 by the way!! lol Headed back home at about 9:30 this morning, got home at about two b/c I drove for almost an hour on highway 11 instead of highway 12. So that was a lot of fun and wasted time and gas. Not going to say how stupid I felt right then. anyways, got home and am trying to get all my laundry done so I can pack it and get ready to go for tomorrow again. Gosh! so stressful, is my life, well no not really. Anyways I should go and get some stuff done, like have a shower and shave my legs, which are so hairy it's gross. I know everybody wanted to hear that, anyways. I'm gonna go. Please pray for me during the coming week that I will be able to focus on God and what he has in store for me. Please pray that I can impact kids in a positive way and show kids just how loved they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home