Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Belmopan

Belmopan, although the capital city of Belize is just over 4000 people. It has a small town feel and is very interesting to walk around in. There is a distinctly rushed view of how the city was built and the quality is lacking. But it is a nice little town and I prefer it instead of Belize city which is always hustling and bustling and not safe even in daylight unless you're in a group. Which is a new experience for small town Alberta girl. I like my teammates a lot and we are really getting along quite well. The occasional spat is necessary to encourage growth and it is...interesting when those spats pop up. I am learning a lot about what it means to be a missionary and getting a lot of Belizean culture as we have travelled a fair bit around the country. I think I still like Orange walk the best which is a small town about an hour from the Mexican border. A very nice little town just a bit smaller than Belmopan. We don't have beds here so we're sleeping on cots, another new experience and I'm also learning just how little variety in food I get at home. Trying new things is really cool and I like the opportunity a lot. I am getting challenged to get rid of my pride. Ha! Like that's not going to take a LONG time! I wish that God would just take it away with a zap! But thankfully he doesn't do stuff like that. I have a feeling this is going to be a LONG painful process. Time to think and be a lone is a valuable commodity. I like my own space and being in a cramped little house is testing my limits, even though it's only been a couple days in the place that we are staying at right now. I don't have a lot of time, my computer bill is running up. Pray for continued peace and unity among the team as patience is stretched in the home stretch of this trip. Twelve days to go and counting.

God Bless!

Kelly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home