Friday, October 05, 2007

Warrenton update

Hey everyone!
This is the update from me in Warrenton Missouri! I am doing well down here at the international headquarters of Child Evangelism Fellowship. We are in the middle of our courses in Children’s Ministry Institute. There are about 40 students taking the full 12 week course, and it’s been a lot of fun getting to know them this past month. There have also been influx’s of extra students every once in a while as there have been some specialized courses offered and students come in for a two week period. This week is the first week of one such specialized course so there is about 20 extra students here, which makes the dorms a bit more crowded but it is fun getting to know the new students. The past month has been spent learning about the doctrine and theology of Child conversion, how to teach a Bible lesson for saved children and how to teach adults teach children(which is what we are doing right now) so it has been an interesting and busy month!
You might think that there would only be American’s at this course, however this class is one of the most diversified that there has been in a long time, with three Haitians, (one couple and another man), a lady from St. Vincent, a lady from Jamaica and two men from Korea attending the institute. In addition there are several families that are here while the parents are participating in the institute so it is very fun getting to play with the kids during times when we are not in class!
It has been a month since I came down here to attend this institute, and still another month and a half to go before I can officially graduate and come back to Alberta. I would really appreciate some prayers as the next six weeks come and go,
Pray that everybody in the class would grow closer as a family and closer to God
Pray that there would not be any major sickness in the last six weeks of Institute
Please pray that I would be able to fully recognize God’s reason for calling me here, I want to know his will but at times it seems elusive.
Please pray that I would keep focused on my studies so that I will be able to do everything the best that I can.

I look forward to seeing everyone when I get back in November! God Bless in all that you do!

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter or our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross and sat down at the right hand of God.” Hebrews 12:1-2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home